Sunday, December 30, 2007

Blog Contest

Hey,


I was thinking of holding a blog contest, and seeing that I have not held one before, I hope you guys can give input on how to select the winner.


I've decided on the prizes and its something Im very very very certain anyone would love. But anyway, some creative inputs would be appreciated. If possible, not looking for the kinds that people have to make a post linking back to this one etc etc.


Anyone with creative ideas for a contest, just comment away! :)


If anyone wants to make a joint contest or whatsoever, comment away, I can supply the prizes.


Creative ideas for blog contest are hard to come by nowadays so.. The creator of the best/creative idea that I end up using would win for themselves a free domain for a year :)


PS : Yes, I'm in a giving mood :D

3 comments:

EliteByDesign said...

There are tons of ideas out there that I have seen used successfully in the past. For example, they must comment on the post. Or they must add you to their technorati faves, or they must link to you in some way...none of those are very original but can be very effective if done correctly.

If you are going for something different, maybe make people stumble a post, or add you as a friend on stumble, or submit X number of articles to a social media site.

Perhaps you could do a contest for graphic designers and give the prices to the best looking logo, or banner, or advertisement for you. That would be a great way to get some free banner ideas ;)

I think it could be as simple as having them subscribe to your feed, or send you an email, or anything like that.

There are probably tons more out there I am forgetting, but that is my 2 cents.

Alfian said...

Thanx for commenting mate. Yes, Im looking for something original, it can be wacky or out of this world for all I care.

Like you said, those contests work but they're really common nowadays. Hopefully anyone who has any wacky ideas they were afraid of implementing or lack time to do so.. :)

Yoolees said...

Hello. I am also thinking of a unique contest in my make money online blog but haven't decided yet. It's hard to think but I will keep you posted in case I have finally decided :D Maybe we can use both my idea :D check it out http://entry4cash.blogspot.com/2008/01/make-money-online-this-2008.html

Hye
A Blog of Thoughts and Opinions
Make Money Online Free
Text Messages and Funny Jokes